By registering as a tutor with Ivy Answers (“the website,” “website,” ” Ivy Answers.com”), you (“tutor”) agree that the following terms and conditions will govern all payments made to you by students through the Ivy Answers system.
Conditions for guaranteeing receipt of payment for student lessons
Ivy Answers is a marketplace for those seeking tutoring services to connect with those seeking to provide tutoring services. Ivy Answers also provides a service to its users whereby payments will be distributed to tutors that originate from their students. Ivy Answers offers tutors a layer of protection in the collection of their funds but, if any of the following conditions are not met and Ivy Answers becomes unable to collect your payment from the parent, student, or other type of account-holder (collectively, “student”) to whom you gave a lesson, Ivy Answers cannot guarantee that your payment will be successfully collected, processed and distributed to you:
- The information pertaining to the lesson is accurate. This includes the start and end time, duration, subject and student account name. Unless otherwise agreed to by the tutor and student, the start and end time will be considered to be the times of the actual tutoring lesson, not arrival and departure times to and from the tutoring location.
- The lesson is delivered in-person at a mutually agreed upon location or through Ivy Answers ‘s online tutoring platform. If the lesson is delivered remotely through another medium, such as via the internet, email, telephone or Skype, or in the instance when the tutor does proofreading or other asynchronous, non-tutoring work with the student, the tutor must obtain written confirmation from the student to the tutor’s Ivy Answers email address that acknowledges the nature of the work to be done and the expectations of the time and cost required to complete the work.
- The tutor’s services are instructive and constitute learning, not cheating. More specifically, the tutor is not to complete assignments, write papers, take quizzes or otherwise do work on the student’s behalf. Further, the services that the tutor offers must not violate the academic honesty policy or other conduct policies of the student’s school, university, academic institution or workplace.
- The tutor enters the lesson into the Ivy Answers management system within 24hours. Lessons cannot be submitted more than thirty-one (31) days after the date of the lesson.
- The tutor does not collect or request payment directly from the student by cash, check or otherwise, for the lesson.
- All lesson cancellations are must made within 24hours prior to the lesson, or they are subject to the standard 10% service fee.
- The tutor is over 18 years old and is eligible to work in the United States.
Timing and delivery of payments
If all the Conditions for guaranteeing receipt of payment for student lessons are met, tutors can expect to receive their funds according to the following schedule. If there are questions about any of the conditions, payments may be delayed while Ivy Answers attempts to resolve the questions.
- By default, a tutor is paid by check mailed to the mailing address on file. (The mailing address is entered into the system by the tutor during the signup process and can be amended at any time thereafter by the tutor.) Checks are mailed via USPS on the 1st and 15th of each month or the following business day in case of weekends and bank holidays. In order for a lesson payment to be included in a particular pay period, that lesson must be entered 5 days prior to the payment date.
Social Security number requirement
Prior to payments made in an amount of greater than $50, cumulatively, tutors must submit to Ivy Answers a valid Social Security Number (“SSN”). Such payments will be withheld by Ivy Answers until the SSN is received, and the payments will be released with the next scheduled payment. (Although the burden to report 1099 income and meet other state-level reporting requirement is technically on the student who is hiring and retaining you, Ivy Answers offers students this filing service as a benefit of using the Ivy Answers system. To complete these filings, Ivy Answers needs to have a valid SSN.